Warren has proven mechanical design experience in areas including:
- conceptual design and analysis
- detailed modelling and simulation
- solid modelling and CAD
- creating detailed drawings for manufacture
- machine assembly and commissioning
- instrumentation and testing.
His work includes:
- HPCE instrument prototype (design, CAD, assembly)
- Small Scale Hydropower Plant Research (operation, instrumentation, redesign/retrofit)
- Turbine for Renewable Energy Project (design, CAD, assembly, commissioning, instrumentation)
- Experimental Multistage Turbocompressor (design, CAD, assembly, commissioning)
- Aortic Modelling for Medical Implant (CAD, coding of bespoke modelling program)
- Compressor/Turbine Test Rig for the National Technical University of Athens (design, CAD, assembly, commissioning).
Find out more about Warren Thornton